Sunday, August 19, 2012

Dille & Kamille, Middleburg, The Netherlands


At the Dille & Kamille shops located across the Netherlands and Belgium , you can find a wide selection of things that you might need for your kitchen, garden, bath or young children.

The assortment ranges from bakeware, home canning supplies, cake decorating, assortment of glassware and serving pieces to childrens' toys, craft supplies, gardening equipment, food stuff, cleaning items and things for the bath and body.

The stores carry a wide range of porcelain serving ware, butter dishes and bowls of different sizes...




...glassware and bistro-style dishes. I particularly like the off-white French inspired dinnerware with a blue or red rim that is part of the current collection and perfect on any table, for breakfast, lunch or dinner or just about anytime.




Then there is the huge selection of wooden boards and bowls and the enamel dinnerware, also off-white with a light green rim. A great choice for taking along on a picnic, to the beach or, perhaps, arranging a country-style table setting.




There are muffin and cupcake supplies, including liners of different colors and sizes. Pepper mills of many colors. Wooden cookie molds that are in particular demand around Christmas time to bake those wonderful speculoos cookies that everybody is raving about.

And, of course, scales - maybe a good idea to get one so that you do not have to recalculate the recipes with metric measurements.




Basics and gadgets for yourself or as gifts for the special people in your life. Love the sieves, colanders and salt shakers and in particular the old-fashioned hand-held whisk with a crank.




You cannot overlook the wonderful selection of childrens´ wooden toys,  all natural wood or cotton and safe colors. You are sure to find a lot of things that will make the small people in your life more than happy.

Which aspiring knight can resist those wooden swords or shields and which chef in training would not want these wooden stoves with tiny colorful pots and pans.




There is cotton tea towels and tablecloths of different sizes that are sure to match the dinnerware that the stores carry or make a wonderful addition to your collection.




You can also buy handmade soaps, natural cosmetic and bath products.




Then there the cookbooks, tea, coffee, chocolate, jams, jellies and preserves.

The emphasis at the stores is always on natural materials, especially wood (rooling pins, spoons, speculoos molds, carving boards, shovels and much more, and, in particular, childrens'  toys) or metal (spoons, whisks, racks, moulds, pans).

Dille & Kamille ( "Dill & Chamomile"), are stores in various locations in the Netherlands and in Belgium. And they ship only to these two countries (EShop). The website is designed beautifully and published in Dutch and French.




Please note that the above pictures were taken last week at the Dille & Kamille store in the utterly beautiful City of Middelburg (the capital of the Province of Zeeland) in The Netherlands.




A big "Hartelijk dank" - "Thank You" to the very friendly manager of that store who patiently endured one long photo session in his terrific store!


_____________________________________________

Stores in the Netherlands ("Winkels"):
Amersfoort, Arnhem, Breda, Delft, Den Haag, Deventer, Haarlem, Hilversum, Leiden, Middelburg, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Zwolle


Stores in Belgium ("Magasins"):
Aalst, Antwerpen, Brugge, Brussel, Gent, Kortrijk, Roeselare, Turnhout

_____________________________________________

Website: http://dille-kamille.nl/start/
_____________________________________________


15 comments:

  1. I think my wallet is lucky I don't live near this shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizzy, this store in Middelburg as well as the other Dille & Kamille stores is like a magnet to me, I just cannot walk past it and not go a whee bit overboard when shopping there.

      Delete
  2. Dille & Kamille beats Crate & Barrel, I can promise you that. It's fun to see the European-take on displaying products. From my experience, which is not vast, Europeans generally have such a decorative display knack that we don't have in our stores. Thank you for the tour. What did you buy? I know you didn't walk out of that store empty-handed, Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, trust me on this one, you do not want to know! But let me tell you that I have been there numerous times and I have been to the store in Brugge as well and I never, ever walk out empty-handed. Let me just tell you that my favorite items include tart and quiche pans in different sizes and shapes, from tiny to large, to round and square.

      Delete
    2. Come to think of it, remember those Coconut Friands, I made them in the little tiny cake molds that I had bought at Dille & Kamille:

      http://kitchenlioness.blogspot.de/2012/04/french-fridays-with-dorie-coconut.htm

      Delete
  3. If I get to visit this store, I assure you that I will be spending the entire day looking from corner to corner of the store. I especially love the kids section (OMG I want cute aprons for my children!!) and I think I need to win the lottery before the trip there. LOL! Thank you for taking us to this store virtually - it was so much fun! I like William Sonoma here but it's not even close to this store, period!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your wonderful comment, Nami! You are right, the kids´ section is fantstic with tons of very tempting items!

      Delete
  4. So jealous you have such a beautiful and eclectic kitchen store to visit. I love those Dutch-themed molds near the pepper grinders. And one can never have too many tart pans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marlise, aren´t these wooden speculoos molds wonderful. And you are right, one can never have too many tart pans.

      Delete
  5. Andrea, I could be lost in that store for hours…a wonderland for cooks and bakers! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy - this is one wonderful store, you are right and I love visiting and shopping there.

      Delete
  6. If this store only near, I could spend the whole day shopping and checking every
    details that fits in my house. Love it! they have got all what I needed.

    Kitchen Accessories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristen, shopping at Dille & Kamille really is one fun experience and I also enjoy shopping for gifts there, always sure to find something wonderful!

      Delete
  7. I recently moved to Middelburg, and I am totally in love with it. In fact, they are not 'just a store', but the people who work there are lovely, and they do more. Last weekend they organized a cake baking competition, for example. I love it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully ou won the cake competition at DILLE KAMILLE - we were at the DK store in Antwerp last week and I got some really nice things there for Easter - thank you so much for commenting. How fun that you moved to Middelburg - I am a slight bit green with envy!

      Delete